City of Philadelphia trusted site
An official website of the city of philadelphia government   Here's how you know

Philadelphia city commissioners

Candidates & Campaigns

Minor Political Party Nomination Paper

Read the Minor Political Paper Circulation Instructions before circulating your petitions.

For campaign finance requirements, visit the Campaign Finance page or contact the County Board of Elections at 215-686-3469.

Nomination Papers may be picked up at the County Board of Elections in City Hall Room 142.

Nicknames are allowed only if they’re a derivative of the candidate’s legal name, or if it’s how the candidate is known in their community. If a candidate wishes to use a nickname on the ballot, a Name Change Affidavit should be completed and submitted to the County Board of Elections.

If you would like to request copies of filed papers, please complete the Copy Request Form and submit it to City Hall Room 142 or Requests will be fulfilled on a first-come, first-served basis.

A Statement of Financial Interest must be filed for each candidate being Nominated when filing.